Visa Schengen

Visa Schengen after No Deal Brexit

UK didn’t sign the Schengen Agreement and after no deal Brexit, UK will become a 3rd country of Europe. This means that all the British citizen will probably need to apply for a VISA to visit Spain.

European Council said on 1st of February that EU rules state that visa exemption is granted “on condition of reciprocity”, but we will discover if this is true before the end of March. In case the visa exemption is not applied, VISA will be required.

The most common VISA in this case would be the Tourist Schengen VISA. This allows No-EU citizens to stay in Spain up to 90 days.

What are the requirements to apply for the Tourist Schengen VISA?

  1. Visa application form.
  2. Two ID passport sized photos.
  3. Valid passport. It must has two blank pages.
  4. Itinerary. The document must include dates of entry and exit from the Schengen area and flights reservations reference.
  5. Travel health insurance. It must cover at least 30.000€.
  6. Proof of accommodation. It must show where you will be during your time in Spain.
  7. Proof of savings. Evidence that shows that you have enough funds to support yourself. The quantity is 70,77€ per day to be in Spain.
  8. Tourist Schengen VISA fee. 60€ per adults and 35€ per Child from 6 to 12.
  9. Evidence of employment/study status. 
  10. Minors:
    – Either birth certificate / proof of adoption / custody decree if parents are divorced / death certificate of parent.
    – Letter of consent from parents, passport copies must be on it.

Visa Schengen

When should I apply for the VISA?

The Tourist Schengen Visa application must be submitted at least 15 calendar days prior. The Embassy Consulate will reply in less than 10 working days, but if there is something extraordinary with the citizen it can take up to two months.

Where should I apply for the VISA?

If you intent to visit more than one country, you need to apply in the embassy you will spend more time or in the embassy you will visit the first.

If your intention is to live in Spain it would be easier for you to apply for the Green Residency Card before Brexit, if not, you will maybe need to apply for the TIE (Non-EU Citizens).

Do not forget to read the article about the different Residency  options after Brexit.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to leave a comment down below.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.